TotalGrow lights deliver a high quality light spectrum for optimal plant growth using Solid State Volumetric Lighting (SSVL), a next generation light emitting diode technology. Using as little energy as possible, TotalGrow blankets plants with amazingly uniform light in the wavelengths plants need most for quick and healthy growth, making it an ideal solution for commercial greenhouses, plant factories, and hydroponic facilities.
TotalGrow™ Night & Day Management Light
- Perfect balance of deep red and far red light output for night interruption / day length extension.
- Sufficient blue light output to prevent stretching and promote compact, vibrant growth.
- Virtually no wasteful generation of green light that is ineffective for day length management.
TotalGrow™ Blue Supplement Light
- Peak blue light output for compact, vibrant, well-rooted, nutrient-rich growth.
- Sufficient deep red and far red light to improve total plant growth and aid in flowering control.
- Creates more uniform light coverage for consistent plant growth.
Plant Response to Light
Most horticultural lighting technologies used today were actually designed for human lighting. However, the human eye has a much different response than plants. The human eye responds mostly in the green to orange wavelengths with a strong yellow component and a total range from about 400-700nm, with a peak around 555nm.
Plants are most responsive in the region of Photosynthetically Active Radiation (PAR) of around 400-700nm with peaks in both the blue and the red regions.
For plant growth, the necessary blue light to which humans are not so responsive is useful for plant gas exchange, managing plant shape, chlorophyl generation and regulating the growth toward the light. Deficiencies in blue light can negatively affect plant growth. Likewise, the orange/red light affects, among other things, the flowering and fruiting cycle. The most important consideration for plant growth and the spectral output of lighting is photosynthesis as regulated by chlorophyll-a and chlorophyll-b and support by accessory photoreceptors like carotenoids.
TotalGrow Broad Grow Spectrum
Solid State Volumetric Lighting for Plant Growth
• A metal-clad printed circuit board with light emitting semiconductor chips produces high-brightness, short wavelength light.
• A top and bottom reflector scintillates the light through a volumetric chamber with wavelength-tailoring phosphors suspended in an optical solid.
• Light passing through the volumetric chamber is down-converted into secondary wavelengths that are emitted through the sides of the volumetric chamber – causing the volume to glow like a filament bulb.
• Matching the appropriate wavelengths of light emitted by the semiconductor chips and the phosphors allows the SSVL technology to be optimized for specific light color characteristics.
• The light emitted from the volume is incredibly uniform and shines in a pattern similar to an incandescent bulb without shadow points or hot-spots.