The Energy Alliance Group was recently asked to evaluate the energy efficiency of a manufacturing facility in advance of an upcoming facility upgrade. The facility had a high demand for compressed air and the existing air technology had been in place for over 20 years.
Compressed air technology has changed dramatically since the facility’s compressor was built in 1985. The potential for reducing energy waste, as well as cutting energy expenses and increasing profits, was substantial.
Since The Energy Alliance Group is a product neutral company we set out to find the best compressed air technology that would also be the most efficient. We partnered with a company specializing in high tech, energy efficient compressed air systems and arranged a complete replacement of the existing compressed air technology.
In this case the company was able to replace their old system with the latest energy efficient product and cut the energy used by 75% while saving over $4000 per year!
There are many companies using outdated technologies that waste energy and reduce profits. The Energy Alliance Group has found the following criteria best determine whether a company can improve their profits through energy efficiency upgrades:
6 Factors Favor Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Is your existing technology or building older than 15 years?
- Do you have high energy use due to long hours of operation or multiple tenants?
- Are you deferring equipment maintenance due to high costs?
- Are you concerned about making your business or building more sustainable (i.e. supporting corporate social responsibility initiatives, green PR) or improving occupant and tenant comfort?
- Are you concerned about reducing risk of system failures due to outdated technologies?
- Are you looking to incorporate leading edge energy technology (geothermal, fuel cells, LED lighting, wind, solar, etc.)?
If any of the factors listed above are present in your building or operation a facility or technology upgrade is probably in your future. If you would like to incorporate energy savings into your facility the Energy Alliance Group of Michigan has compiled a free report entitled Ten Questions to Ask Before an Energy Efficiency Upgrade! If you would like a copy of the free report simply click HERE!
Facility upgrades require unique technology, incentives and rebates as well as energy financing options in order to be affordable and energy efficient. Taking the right action can lead to increased production, lower energy expenses and greater efficiencies of operation!
The Energy Alliance Group of Michigan is a leader in clean energy PACE project development and financing.